Today was test day for the girls and it was exciting. When you start taekwondo in the basic course, you learn all the blocks, kicks, and punches. The basic things. When you are accepted into the black belt club, you learn all the rest. Poomses (choreographed sparring), kyroogi formulas, sparring techniques, just to name a few. Jamie has worked very hard over the last eight weeks to learn all of these things. She was very excited for this test.
The kids were waiting patiently together for Jamie's part of the test to start...
This is perhaps my favorite picture of the entire day. Jamie's group is warming up while Jacob and Jeremiah are watching supportively. They are the girls' biggest fans, after me that is!
When Jamie was called to line up to test, Jacob yelled, "JayJay" from the back of the room. Before the actual testing, the kids go to the front to see who gets medals and who gets the big trophy. Jamie had 35 character stripes and was hopeful she would get the trophy but another girl had 36 stripes. Jamie was more than happy to get the medal anyway. Next time!
Then it was on to her poomse. Jamie did such a great job. She had to kick and punch and not pay attention to the other kids so she wouldn't get mixed up.
Here is Jamie showing her sparring moves on Riley. I hope I never make her mad!
And I completely missed her breaking her board. She did it so fast and broke her board before I could get the camera up to my face. So I took one of her admiring her work...
When her group of 9 kids was finished testing, they all went to the next room to get their shiny new belts!
Then it's off to bow and hug your families. I told you he was her biggest fan...

After relaxing a bit, it was time for Mazie to test. She went up front with all the rest of the kids to get medals and trophies. She was the top girl of her section so she got another trophy...
Then her group did their poomse. Mazie really liked this one because she bounced a lot throughout the whole thing.
Then the kids showed off their flying side kicks. It is a blurry picture but check out the height she gets when she jumps...
After the board break, it was time for her to get her new belt. When Mazie went to the front for her belt, Jacob yelled, "MayMay, YAY".
And giving hugs to the parents...
I have to say that Mazie did an awesome job, especially since she wasn't feeling well. She got sick last night and we weren't sure if she would test today. She decided to push through and take her test and she was glad that she did. She was back to normal this evening. So after some rest and relaxing this afternoon, we had their congratulatory cake...
The kids were waiting patiently together for Jamie's part of the test to start...
This is perhaps my favorite picture of the entire day. Jamie's group is warming up while Jacob and Jeremiah are watching supportively. They are the girls' biggest fans, after me that is!
When Jamie was called to line up to test, Jacob yelled, "JayJay" from the back of the room. Before the actual testing, the kids go to the front to see who gets medals and who gets the big trophy. Jamie had 35 character stripes and was hopeful she would get the trophy but another girl had 36 stripes. Jamie was more than happy to get the medal anyway. Next time!
Here is Jamie showing her sparring moves on Riley. I hope I never make her mad!
And I completely missed her breaking her board. She did it so fast and broke her board before I could get the camera up to my face. So I took one of her admiring her work...
When her group of 9 kids was finished testing, they all went to the next room to get their shiny new belts!
Then it's off to bow and hug your families. I told you he was her biggest fan...
After relaxing a bit, it was time for Mazie to test. She went up front with all the rest of the kids to get medals and trophies. She was the top girl of her section so she got another trophy...
After the board break, it was time for her to get her new belt. When Mazie went to the front for her belt, Jacob yelled, "MayMay, YAY".
And giving hugs to the parents...
I have to say that Mazie did an awesome job, especially since she wasn't feeling well. She got sick last night and we weren't sure if she would test today. She decided to push through and take her test and she was glad that she did. She was back to normal this evening. So after some rest and relaxing this afternoon, we had their congratulatory cake...The girls both did a great job with their testing and we are very proud of them. Good Job Girls!
7 comments:
AWESOME...Mazie and Jamie!!!!!!!
What a day you had..:-)....I am so proud of both of you!..Keep up the good work!;-)
Great job with the cake,Megan! I was wondering what you would come up with and that cake is great!
Just love the "support" duo!!!!;-)Keep cheering them on!
Love to all!
Congratulations Mazie & Jamie! The cake looks great Megan!
I still can't get over Jeremiah's haircut- i had to do a double take to see who was holding Jacob!
great pictures!
Way to go, girls! You look so awesome out there. And that cake looks fabulous, Megan!
Good job, indeed! Jaime looks so proud in that first picture :) I love that Jacob is such a cheerleader- it won't be too long before he's up there breaking boards himself and the girls are cheering him on!
congratulations girls!! we love you! alla
Fabulous cake and, as usual, a great job, Mazie and Jamie! So proud of both of you. Love to all!
Post a Comment