Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. My friend had her second baby girl last week (already). I can't believe I wasn't able to hold her in the hospital. I miss them.

2. Another friend had their third baby boy and he is just so cute.

3. I finally got some photos of my sister-in-law of her glowing pregnancy. I am not sure what my brother has against her head but here is her beautiful belly with my adorable little niece in there...

4. All these babies popping up all over kind of makes me want to have another. Don't worry, dear, I'm just kidding. I am very happy for my friends/family who are expanding their families. I am also very happy to not be doing it anymore. Besides, I would like a puppy instead (no sassy mouth from a dog, right?)

5. Can anyone out there see what is wrong with this picture?
6. Yep, those are Jacob's feet sticking out of from under his bed. This has been his little hide out lately. He was actually taking a bit of a cat nap here this morning...7. The girls are taking their promotion tests for tae kwon do on Saturday. Jamie will get her green belt and Mazie will get her brown senior belt (which is a brown belt with a black stripe).

8. I had the windows open all day today. It was sunny and warm and just a glorious day.
9. It was so warm this morning that we all walked to school. Jacob and I dropped the girls off and took the long way home. He was singing and talking to me. It was a nice walk for the two of us.
10. This morning, I found out that Jamie isn't going to have a preschool graduation. Instead they are having an "end-of-the-year celebration" for all the kids. The teachers aren't going to make a big deal for the kids who are going on to kindergarten. Is it me or is that insane? It sounds like they are going to have a celebration anyway. The graduates just aren't going to have the cute little paper caps. I guess some parents were bothered by the graduation a year or two ago because their kids felt left out. So my kid has to miss out on a graduation because those parents can't explain to their kids that they will get a chance next year? It's called taking turns, people! Teach it to your kids. What are your thoughts?

8 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

I think he's cute too. Thanks. I think it's lame that they don't do graduation. I think you should get Jamie a hat & have your own celebration. It's a big deal.

Megan said...

Ohh, that's a good idea. We could make a purple hat just for her. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

I too like the idea of Jamie having her own hat. Love Jacob's hideout! Good luck on Saturday, girls!. Are you having a brown and green celebratory cake? Love to all.

Amy said...

You should totally make a hat of your own! I still have the hat from my pre-school graduation (well, at my parent's house). It's made from tag board and painted with red tempra paint. Our "gowns" were white garbage bags and I painted a rainbow on it since the preschool was something like "Over the Rainbow". I don't actually remember the day, but I certainly remember the pictures!

J.J. Killins said...

ooh i agree! i remember my preschool graduation and can see that white paper hat stored up in the hall closet in our childhood home for some years...jamie won't notice tho:)

Susie PSU said...

I've never worked in a pre-school where we DID have graduation...!

Megan's Mom said...

I agree with Jamie having a "cap/hat" for her graduation...purple it should be!
The belly picture is great of my newest g-daughter. I am wondering too what was Josh thinking to cut out that beautiful glowing head and face on Carissa?...maybe it will appear on the next one?
Great hiding place,Jacob!
Congratulations to Katie and Cathy and their new additions!
Good luck Jamie and Mazie with your promotion tests on Sat...looking forward to seeing pictures of the celebration and what cake your mother will make...(green,brown and black,hmmmm)

A.K. said...

i'm with Susie- never had a preschool graduation before. we always just had an end of the year party...

love the pictures of him under the crib!