Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I *heart* Long Weekends

It's no secret that I love, love, love long weekends. When the kids have the same days off from school as Jeremiah does from work, it makes for a fabulous family weekend. So let me recap!

Friday, I did the grocery shopping. Nothing really new there but one thing on the list was THUM. For those of you who don't know, it is the stuff you put on your fingers to stop biting your nails or sucking your thumb. Jamie requested that I find the "stuff you put on your thumb that tastes bad so I stop sucking my thumb". Yep, that's right, the resident almost 5 year old (her new name) is determined to stop sucking her thumb by the time she turns 5. Since Friday, she hasn't sucked her thumb. So far it is working!

Saturday, Jeremiah ran in the winter series Race 3. It was cold and people running the race had frost on them. It took a while for him to get warm after he ran but he did it and we are proud of him. You will have to click on the link for results and photos since the kids and I were not crazy enough to watch in the cold.

Sunday we went to the Children's Museum of Denver. The kids had so much fun. There were so many things to do. The girls really enjoyed the dress up area...And while Jeremiah tried to get Jacob to join them... Jacob decided he liked the huge magnet wall with the letters instead...
The puppet show area was fun for us. Jeremiah and I sat on the benches while Jacob would peak out, yelling "Roar"!
Jacob and Jeremiah enjoyed the train station. They were able to make the tracks and trains the way they wanted them to be...
While the boys did that, the girls went into the handy shop which was for 4-8 years of age. They were able to screw things together and saw wood...
They girls also loved the grocery store...
Jacob enjoyed watching the birds. Big surprise, I know.
Jeremiah and Jacob enjoyed a game of peek-a-boo in the locker room area...
Hopefully, we won't be seeing this in high school... On the main floor of the museum there was a full sized fire truck. The girls looked like pros putting out the fire...
Jacob, on the other hand, was a little skeptical of the dude. He wouldn't get any closer than this...
There was also a little newborn to 4 years of age area. Mazie was allowed to join the younger kids if she put on an apron which I thought was nice since she enjoyed playing with the younger kids too. The slide was the big hit here...
and there is proof that I was there...
Monday was a relaxing day. We just hung out together and relaxed. Perfect end to an awesome weekend.

10 comments:

Amy said...

The Museum looks awesome--I didn't even know it existed!

I think Jacob looks so much like PopPop in the photo of him in the locker. So fun to see all the kids having so much fun!

rachel said...

That museum looks so great! We'll have to go check it out on the nrxt long weekend - I love 'em too! :)

Cathy Bolander said...

Wow Jamie. Good for you. It looks like you had a great weekend. And what's up with all little boys loving to say roar?

Anonymous said...

Way to go,Jamie! If you give up your thumb now, you will still beat your Mom by about nine years! (Sorry, couldn't resist!). Sure looks like everyone had a great weekend. Time well spent!

Susie said...

I've actually taken Sarah to that Children's Museum- it's pretty awesome, isn't it? The New Children's Museum in SD rocks, too- swing by if you're in the area with the family!

Also, thank you for reminding me what the name of that thumb stuff is, we were just talking about trying something else for Ashleigh. CVS? Good job, Jamie!

Megan's Mom said...

Way to go #188.....good job on a cold day!!!!
What a grat place to have near you! Great pix as usual....love Jacobs red star hightops!...Now I know who to call if I have a fire....love the pro firefighter girls...Oh! it is Mazie and Jamie!
Glad you had a wonderful time...Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

Got to find THUM for Adam. Way to go Jamie.

J.J. said...

we have a great one here too but haven't been since fisher was born...must wait til he's walking. i love long weekends, too - too bad you don't get them as much sans air force:)

Shelley said...

I seriously don't think it will be Jacob IN the locker in high school...Ha! Too cute! Glad you had a fun weekend.

Katie said...

I heart long weekends too. And it looks like both my girls do too, since they were both born on a 3 day weekend!

Love all those museum pictures. Looks like everyone had a blast!