Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Great Apples

Sometimes God gives you a bunch of apples and not one of them goes bad-every single one of them is good, forever. This is how I feel about a group of ladies who sent me a lovely card in the mail yesterday. I have been in a daze ever since trying to figure out just what to say to these friends. So I will do my best right now...

To all of my "great apples" who sent such a generous gift:

You truly caught me off guard, which is not an easy thing to do. I was not expecting anything for my journey of losing weight, except maybe a new self image and the knowledge that I am teaching my children (especially my girls) that you can change the way you see yourself and be healthy and happy if you want to.

You will never ever know what your support has meant to me. I can't possibly express it in words. One thing is for sure-you have kept me going throughout this entire struggle. Your kind words and lifts of positivity have helped me so, so much.

Some of us have known each other for 9+ years and some are newer friends but still you all mean so much to me. I am truly grateful to have such a great group of ladies in my life. I just wish you were here to help me use this generous gift but know that I will be thinking of all of you when the time comes for me to use it.

So, Samantha, Erin, Amy, JJ, Catie, Cathy, Sara, and Katie, you have all blown me away and I love you very much!

Thank you

10 comments:

Megan's Mom said...

WOW!...what an awsome post!...I am so glad you have such great friends...even if they are "apples" :-)!...(sorry I just had to do that!)I think your friends know just how special you are!

Cathy Bolander said...

From apple to another. We have been friends for a short time but I value your friendship & kindness. And you deserved it after meeting such a great goal.

Amy said...

Megan, you have been such an inspiration and you really deserve something special. We're all so proud of you and love you very much!

Anonymous said...

What was the gift?? You can't leave us wondering out here in blogland!

J.J. said...

I am SO proud of you, this is a HARD thing to do and you are doing it. Enjoy...I love you! See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie PSU said...

Great hair, by the way.

Now, it's killing us - what is the gift??

Sara said...

You are an inspiration Megan, and am blown away by your accomplishment. A complete life makeover is not for the weak at heart. Thank you for your friendship and am so sorry we will be missing you next week.

erin said...

Oh yay...it came! We love you and are proud of you and I'm so glad you felt buoyed by our encouragement!

Samantha said...

Aw shucks.

Katie said...

Well, I love you too!

It was so wonderful seeing you this week! You look absolutely fabulous! Good job Mama, we are so proud!