Friday, April 25, 2008

Things

Yesterday I had the cutest little helper while I was cleaning...

He was pretty handy with that duster. But, since his big sister was reading, he decided to keep her company instead (which meant that I could actually get the cleaning finished).

Jamie told me today that she can't wait until Wednesday. I asked her why-with a smile on my face. She said, "Well, obviously, it is my birthday. So that's a good reason, right?" She had a little smirk on her face that showed she was proud of her little spunky remark. She's getting quicker at thinking these funny things up.

She and Mazie were talking about her party coming up. Jamie was telling Mazie all the people who were coming to the party. She said, "Pop Pop can't come because he needs to fly and won't be able to make it for the party. We could start the party but he wouldn't even make it by the end." I had to go into the bathroom so she wouldn't see me laughing. She is going to be so surprised when he arrives on Monday!


We've had quite a few days. Mazie decided that she was going to be less than stellar with her behavior. It's funny because I was just chatting with Erin about this. The kids are typically great and then BAM! there's a day where they are the devils! Well Mazie's "devil" days lasted three days this time. The bad thing is that Jamie joined the gangin-up-on-mom fest for two days. Needless to say, I was beat-to.the.ground! I was very thankful that Jacob wasn't vocal enough to join in the fun. We on the upswing now around here though. Ahh, the joys of parenting!

I ran for 30 minutes straight today. I was pretty proud of myself for making it the entire time. It felt good. My goal is to run 3 1/2 miles straight by May 6. Amy, I don't know how you ran for 3 hours straight. I was ready for a nap when we got home the gym and that was after running only 30 minutes and lifting weights.

We are having some fun family pictures taken this weekend. You know, there are two important parent-celebrating days coming up! Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Oh Megan, I've had my share of days of kids turned devils... hang in there- only 17 more years we keep telling ourselves (ha!).

So so very proud of you running! I hope you are so very proud of yourself, too!!

Anonymous said...

As a parent,I too seem to VAGUELY recollect some of those "kids ganging up on parents" days - right, Megan?? Those days will come, but they will also pass - part of the overall scheme of things. Great job with the running - keep it up. The fruits of your efforts are yet to come. See you soon - Love to all.

Susie PSU said...

Wow, Molly's being a little shit lately... I wonder if I can blame it on the moon, or the weather, or anything besides my parenting?? Perhaps when they are having "times" like this, we could blast them to the moon?

Way to go running for 30 minutes! I'm so proud of you!!

Megan's Mom said...

I am so proud of you and your new adventure of running the 5K in May!...Good job on the 30 mins...I agree with you on not knowing how Amy runs for 3 hours!...she is awesome!...Love the pix of the cleaning cutie and the reader...they can't posibly be "kid devils"!!!...Love ya

Amy said...

Congrats on making it 30 minutes! That is a HUGE accomplishment and I am super impressed! :-)

J.J. said...

seriously? 30 mins straight?!?! i WISH! seriously don't think i'd be able to kepe up with you when you're out here. may 6 is RIGHT around the corner friend!