Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Jacob's birthday is over. It is the start of a new month and now we are supposed to start planning the next birthday (according to the three-almost-four-year-old).

2. Jamie is so very excited that she is turning four and has worked very hard on a birthday present list. You would think it was Christmas coming up instead of her birthday.

3. We have discovered magpies around here. Very pretty birds. Mazie said, "Hey there is a marsupie." I told her it was "magpie." She said, "Well, I wasn't even close." At least it started with an M!

4. Jacob had his 12 month check up with shots on Monday. He is a whoppin' 23lbs 9oz and 29 inches. He isn't feeling so great today because of the shots. He has been in the 75% for his weight since birth!

5. Mazie had her 6 year check up too. She weighs 43 lbs and is 44 inches. Still in the 50% for her weight which has been that since birth as well. It's hard to believe she has only gained 1 1/5 lbs in one year. You really should see her eat!

6. I have talked my friend, Rachel, into running a 5K with me on May 10. We are both excited about it. Now I have to do it because I can't let her down, right? (good excuse for me!)

7. I got new running shoes in the mail today. The same (but updated) version as my last ones. Had to put them on right away. I felt like I was a kid getting new school shoes, ready to run/jump/lighter than air! Love new sneakers.

8. A couple of days ago, we were on our way home from the gym and had some oldies playing. Queen's We Will Rock You came on and the girls went crazy. Kind of funny listening to them sing it since they don't have any rhythm and weren't quite in sync with the words. When did the 70s become part of the oldies, anyway?

9. Jeremiah has painted our bedroom today. A beautiful red color. I will take pictures as soon as the furniture is back in order.

10. Check out my sidebar for another friend who has joined the blogging world. So very happy that Sara decided to share her two boys and her life with all of us. Go check her out.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for the shout out Megan. Glad to know your girls are rockers, as Queen is one of my favorites. I'll let you know how my Jacob measures up to your Jacob. I think he might have him beat in weight but not a chance in height. I have munchkins.

Amy said...

Yay for the 5K! I'm so proud of you and Rachel!!

Cathy Bolander said...

running a 5k... Good for you. Can't wait to see the bedroom pics.

Susie said...

Does that mean we're apart of the oldies, too?

You're gonna kick that 5K's butt!

J.J. said...

i am jealous of the 5K! wish i could do one then! i demand magpie pics!

Susie PSU said...

Nothing better than new running shoes! Have a GREAT time doing the 5K. Are you training under Amy's watchful eye?