Monday, December 03, 2007

Birthday Eve

On the eve of my birthday, I have a few funny things to share with all of you. For some reason, AARP decided that I qualify for a membership. I actually got an application in the mail today. For those of you who don't know, AARP is a senior citizen discount plan. You must be 50 to join. Hello? I am turning 31 tomorrow not 51. Nothing like making me feel really old right before my birthday.

We celebrated my birthday this weekend since Tuesday is a crazy day around here. We went to On The Border for a late lunch. While there, Jamie asked if she could have some ranch dip dip for her french fries. So I asked our server for Ranch Dip Dip. He just laughed and said, "I have kids too". We ended our evening with Cold Stone ice cream for supper instead of birthday cake. Such a nice treat to eat ice cream by the fire!

Today we had a playdate with Amy and Hayden. Amy made some yummy chocolate chip cupcakes. On top she arranged colorful sprinkles in 30 and 31 to celebrate both of our birthdays. I have such a great friend! Thanks, Amy, for the playdate and the yummy treats.

Seriously, though, 31 is not old and I do not feel like I am aging. I still have to think of how old Mazie is to figure out how old I am. Maybe that's memory loss.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for a fun morning! Have a wonderful, happy, joyous birthday! You truly do deserve it!

J.J. said...

how fun to celebrate with amy and hayden!

Susie said...

mmmm... coldstones! and cupcakes You all are making me drool out here!
Happy sweet 31st to you, Megan! I hope it's a wonderful day for you!

Megan's Mom said...

COLDSTONES,TOO!!!...and by the fire?...OH,WOW...Glad you had a great day out!

Megan's Mom said...

And I love the picture of the kids playing...Jacob and Hayden almost look like twins!..they are sooooo cute..Oh, "CHICK MAGNETS"..girls look out in about 20 years!