Apparently, I have been neglecting my 3 year old. Jamie recently informed me that I do not take pictures of just her anymore and that I certainly don't put them on the internet. (Can anyone hear her saying that to me?) Then I realize that she is right. She has become a typical middle child. I hate even admitting that. We've been busy with Mazie starting Taekwondo and being excited about Kindergarten. Then Jacob needs me all the time with eating and teething and all his new experiences. But those are just excuses and now I feel horrible, like a really bad parent who let their child just slip through their hands. So I am doing something about it and am going to make sure it doesn't happen again. So here we go...
I love this little girl. I think about how easy she has been all of her 3 1/2 years. She's my best sleeper and always has been. She is my pickiest eater (even more so than Jeremiah-if you can believe that!). Jamie loves when Mazie reads to her and loves to give undivided attention to Jacob. She can't wait until Jacob can walk so she can teach him to use the potty.

I love how spunky she can be. I also love the way she takes Mazie and lets her have it back. She is super smart and very spirited. I love that she wasn't afraid to put me in my place and tell me that I need to give her more attention. All this makes her the special girl that I know she is and not, by any means, Just Jamie.
9 comments:
Okay- truth be told, I feel the VERY SAME about Ash sometimes. I have to keep in check how many pictures I am taking of the other two, because they seem to be in my face all the time and Ash is so independent and self-sufficient (I mean, I still change her diapers and get her drink cups...). I'm just saying, I get what you're saying. And it is a good remidner to slow down and enjoy and celebrate all of them.
Phew. That was long.
what a great posting for Jamie! Don't beat yourself up- if she's anything like the three year olds that i'm with all day- just a little one on one TLC will make everything better!
We love you Jamie, and we think your mom is a pretty terrific parent, too.
What a beautiful pony tail you have Jamie! I'm glad you made your mommy put some new pictures of you on the blog...we love to see your sweet face!
In my mind and in my heart, Jamie will never be "just Jamie"-she has already proven that she is a unique and special child, just as wonderful and loving as her sister and brother.
I agreee with all these savvy commenters! Jamie is super special and I know the Stahr family just wouldn't be the same without her!
My sweet and precious Jamie...you are the perfect child to be in the middle of your sister and brother!...Just like your Mother!..:-)Love you much!
That pony is gorgeous James! And what a MAZIE face that is in teh tub, huh! I actually had to do a doubletake!
Good for Jamie! It is hard being the middle kid.
(Notice we stopped at 2, or we are going for 4!!)
Post a Comment