Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Well, it's Christmas eve and all my elves are sleeping sweetly in their beds, hopefully dreaming of Santa. After eating some yummy chicken and wild rice soup for an early supper, we went to church for the Christmas eve service. The girls (and the rest of the kids) said "Whoa" when we lit the candles and the lights went out. Pretty cool. Then we came home to eat some cookies and get ready for bed. With all the excitement leading up to bedtime, I thought for sure the girls would not be able to get to sleep. We had to get our plate of cookies, carrots, and cup of milk ready for Santa and his reindeer. Jamie was in charge of getting the carrots.

Instead of using a plate, she used the floor. She counted out nine (one for each reindeer).

Then Mazie picked out an assortment of cookies and a corn flake wreath. We put milk into a mug and set it out on the table.

As I sit here thinking of how excited the girls were when they went to bed, I can't help but think about these three ornaments.

We got these three little angels from our friends, the Clarks, when we were celebrating Mazie's first Christmas 5 years ago. They gave them to use since we were a family of three at the time. Now it is so much more fitting with our three children. They represent Hope, Love, and Joy. These are my very favorite ornaments. I just thought I would share them with you. Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Hope Santa is good to you guys :-) You've got some sweethearts that sure deserve a few good treats! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Cathy Bolander said...

I love the Angel ornaments but especially love Jamie using the floor to dish out the carrots. Merry Christmas!

Megan's Mom said...

Hope for "sugarplums dancing in their heads" as your angels sleep!...Merry Christlmas to All and to All a good night!

Samantha said...

Aw, you're making me blush! I'm so glad you like the ornaments. Wish we were there to celebrate together! Much love to the kids.

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas Eve. Looks like it could not possibly get better! The treats look great and I am sure will be very much appreciated by Santa and the reindeer. Jamie always has a solution, right? Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Love you lots!

J.J. said...

Merry Christmas friends! What size are Jamie's pj's? Just wondering what to get Alla next year:)

Kathy said...

Cute pics. Love the carrots on the floor, getting ready for the big arrival that night. : ) Cute card too - just arrived! And kudos to the Clarks for the cute ornaments. : ) How sweet - I love meaningful ones on our tree too. Lots of memories...