Thursday, October 25, 2007

Plethora of Pennsylvania Pictures

Here we go. Our entire Pennsylvania trip (minus Jacob's baptism) in one post.

Jacob napped on quite a few people while we were there. He was so much better than the girls were with all the crazies in our family. He went to just about everyone without too much fuss. And, yes, I said "crazies".

And I just needed to add this one in the mix. My big sister shovelling in the food (hee hee). I love you, Jodi!

This is my incredibly talented nephew, Jonathon, showing Jamie how to draw cars. She was quite tickled with herself for being able to draw a car. You really should check out his blog. He hopefully will be updating it often with his awesome art. For those of you who know, he is the one who drew the picture of our family. I have to get the new one framed and hung. I have the perfect spot for it.

Mazie would lay on the couch beside Turkey Mam and let her comb through her hair with her fingers. I think if Mazie would have stayed there long enough she would have fallen asleep.

Master Jacob enjoying the warm PA weather. I couldn't believe we were visiting in October with temperatures in the high 70s. Crazy weather.

Check out this cool toy. Toby and Amy have this for Benjamin (Jeremiah's cousins). It is a styrofoam cooler with colored golf tees. Benjamin would go to town hammering the pegs down. Then they would take the lid, flip it over, and tap out the pegs for him to do it all over again. I think we need to do this for our kids.

Is he really ready for a jet ski? I don't think so.

This was a motorized cooler. It was meant to be a gag gift for Jeremiah's mam but turned out to be a lot of fun for Jeremiah. He took the kids on rides but really used them as excuses to ride it around the yard.

Pappy John with the kids. We celebrated his birthday while in PA.

Benjamin with the girls. Benjamin took to Mazie instantly. He wanted to hold her hand if they were walking, showed her his cool jumping, just wanted her attention.

Uncle Da with Jacob. This name came about when Jamie couldn't quite say Josh. It kind of fit and stuck.

And it isn't a trip to Pennsylvania without a reading or two with Pop Pop. This time Mazie showed off her reading skills and read a book or two to Pop Pop and Jamie.

So there you have it. Pennsylvania in a nutshell. Thanks, Dad, for letting us take over your house for the week. We had a great time visiting.

5 comments:

By His Grace said...

That's a cool use for styrofoam... I imagine one of my kids would likely take out a thumb or two with the hammer, though. Have you ever left the bubble wrap to their little feet??

A.K. said...

what great pictures- how wonderful that you have so much family there to hang out with!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posted that picture!!! Oh yes I can-you feel safe being 3/4 of the country away!!! Hmmm, you will pay for that one!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for teaching Jacob how to jetski now AFTER we sold the jetski!!!! Way to go!! He looks like he would be a pro at it!!!

J.J. said...

i bet your dad can't believe mazie's reading skills! alla will love to have her read to her next summer!