Friday, October 05, 2007

Happy Friday

We've had quite a week. Jacob tried biter biscuits. Does anyone remember these from your kids? They are wondeful for teething but absolutely messy. Jacob seemed to enjoy the graham cracker flavor and the fact that he was making a huge mess. He never actually finished a biscuit but he was able to get off all the outside. Most of which ended up on his face or bibs...

Yesterday we finished Jacob's room. We needed to let the paint dry completely before applying the border to the walls. It only took us 30 minutes to actually put it on the wall. And, this is the important thing, it was still up this morning. So it worked!

Also yesterday we had our first Parent/Teacher conference. Mazie's teacher went on and on about how great Mazie is in class and how polite she is with the other kids. I almost asked her if we were talking about the same child. Just kidding. Mazie usually demonstrates her best qualities away from her mom and dad. At least I know she is listening to what I am trying to teach her. While we were talking to the teacher, Mazie played with Jamie very nicely. As a treat we went to the school book fair and bought some books. Mazie picked out her first chapter book. Here she is reading the first chapter to me...

The past few nights Jamie has wanted to eat her dessert outside. A brownie picnic. Last night, I was asked to join her. We sat at the playset picnic table and shared a brownie. It was so nice to talk about her day.

Jamie and Jacob had a little time to snuggle and play after bathtime. I am not sure if Jacob was trying to tackle Jamie or just flip onto his belly.

Jacob decided to do a little PT before lights out. He's giving us 20 here...

He gets up on his toes and hands and pushes as far as his tiny toes will allow. He actually gets pretty far if he keeps with it. This is the part that scares me. I am really not ready for him to be mobile yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jacob's room! We can't wait to see you on Tuesday.
Kristen

Susie said...

I'm sorry- is that blue? We don't know blue around here.

I'm jsuskidding- his room looks so nice, Megan! Love the clean lines and border!

rachel said...

I think some of my kids even got that biter biscuit mush in their ears! But at least it keeps them happy!

The room looks great! I put my Brian's mom to work helping me paint the master bedroom...we had so much paint left over we also painted the guest bedroom! I love the coordinating border & bedding! :)

The brownie picnic is so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the room!...I won't go on to say where YOU used to get that gooy goop from the buscuits:-)...Hooray for Mazie and getting a good report!I knew you would do well in your new school.I want you to read me a chapter,Mazie when you get to PA!...can't wait:-)Just love the dessert picnic...You are such a good Mom! Love the snuggles...too cute!Look out!...Jacob is up,up and soon away!...:-)

Amy said...

Great pics! Love his room and look at him in the front leaning rest. . . he'll be all over the place soon!

J.J. said...

the room looks awesome!!