Sunday, March 18, 2007

Disneyland and Things

Today we took the girls to Disneyland for one last time with just the four of us. Here are Jeremiah and the girls waiting in line to get on It's A Small World (which Jamie was singing the rest of the day)...

Then we stood in line for the Princess Faire. It wasn't a long line but it did seem to take forever for us to get to the princesses. Here the girls are posing by the silk flowers. Such hams!

After finally getting to the front of the line, the girls did enjoy their time with the princesses. It was funny because they were so interested in the jewelry. I have some really girly girls. Princess Jasmine even let the girls touch her jewelry...

Pocahontas explained that her father made her the necklace. I think it is great that the people actually talk like they are the characters. I think it makes it more interesting for the kids.

Cinderella was by far the funniest. Jamie started by saying she liked Cinderella's hair. Then Mazie said her dress was pretty. By that time, Cinderella stood up and, before we knew it, Jamie started looking under her dress to see her shoes. She actually picked up her dress! Jeremiah and I couldn't help but laugh and Cinderella just showed Jamie her shoes with a smile. Nothing like being mauled by a two and five year old!

We had to go to the Tiki Room and see the birds sing and then we called it a day. It was pretty chilly and the girls were getting tired (mom too!). So we headed home.

On the way home, we stopped for gas. I don't normally complain about this but it cost $60 to fill up the Durango. That's $3.11/gallon and that is the cheap price around here! Crazy, just crazy.

On a lighter note, I have 7 days left of this pregnancy. That's right.

7 days until I can bend over without falling over.

7 days until I can cough, sneeze, laugh, etc without peeing.

7 days until I can see my feet again.

7 days until I can hold the big boy who has been keeping me company at 2:30am.

7 days!

I have to say that I am getting a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to be at the end and am so ready to meet, hold, cuddle Peanut. But this is my last pregnancy. It's a little hard to think about that in all its finality. I also am getting a little nervous. I have complete confidence in my doctor but it is major surgery. It's difficult for me not to let my mind wander a bit from time to time as we get closer to March 26.

Needless to say, we are all very excited here in the Stahr house to meet Peanut. I hope he is as ready for us as we are for him!

9 comments:

A.K. said...

7 days!!!!!! thats sooo soon!!! Can't wait to check the blog and see a handsome new little stahr!!!

Amy said...

We're all so ready to meet him! Enjoy your last days with 'just the girls'!

Anonymous said...

I think about the bittersweet-ness of the end of my next (probably last) pregnancy all the time, too. We're wishing you a safe, healthy delivery next week!

J.J. said...

wowee 7 days:) mazie i have to say those are pretty spiffy shoes little girl:)

erin said...

Know that we'll all be thinking about your and praying for your family one week from today!

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures ..as usual!!!...and only 7 more days to see our little Prince Charming!..can't wait..enjoy your last days with "just girl stuff"!

Susie PSU said...

One week. Wow.
It IS a little sad to know you are not having anymore babies, but it is also exciting to move to the next stage of life with your family - conversations, no strollers, sleeping through the night, dry beds, swim lessons, etc. It all goes so fast, but I am glad to be where we ARE, not where we've BEEN. Does that make any sense?

A.K. said...

okay, whats the countdown today? how ya feeling? can't wait to see pics- now you have to tell your hubby he's on the spot doing the blog- it seems all the guys are making guest appearances for blogging now!

Susie said...

Woo-hoo! One week. I'm so excited for you all, Megan! Feel good!