Then while Jamie was running her rocket through the house today, Mazie was reading. Does anyone remember Dick and Jane from elementary school? Gramma had bought Mazie this book of Dick and Jane stories for her birthday. We have recently remembered it and Mazie loves the book. She can sit and read it without help. This is a big deal when you are just beginning to read. She loves that she doesn't need help, as most of you can imagine. She also loves to read to Jamie. Of course, Jamie doesn't mind the attention from Mazie.
Also, last week, I had three people ask me how many babies I was having. I know I am huge but really. Do people think that they are entitled to give me their opinion on MY pregnancy whenever they feel like speaking? One was a woman at the BX. She said, "Goodness when are you due?" I told her how many days I had left and she said, "No, she will be coming this weekend!" I just smiled and went about my shopping. Another one was an elderly couple at the commissary. Now, usually older people tend to speak their mind regardless of what comes out but asking a complete stranger if she is having multiple babies is a little out there, don't you think?
This only happened one time during my pregnancy with Jamie. I was at the Farmer's Market and a hippie-like man came up to me and said, "You've got a beautiful thing going on there". I just gave him the peace sign and kept walking. It must be California. What do all of you think?
Also if anyone is correct with Jacob's weight (or the closest one) there is a treat in it for you. I will disclose that when we have a winner! So you have until March 26 to leave your guess below on his weight.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
10 comments:
that lady at the commissary must be the same one who told me i was sure to go that weekend, not three weeks later like i did. ha. nothing wrong with having a giant baby, i say.
and jamie that is the most amazing rocket ship i have ever seen. love it.
mazie i can't wait to see you again so you can read me dick and jane. i've never read that one before.
Don't listen to them- your gorgeous!! I too would be proud of that rocket, helmet and all. Very very cool. Loved it!! Good job on reading, keep it up!! Have a great weekend and we'll check in soon!!
I'm still sticking to 9lb 2oz.
Jamie- love your helmet and the rocket- that is the coolest thing ever. I wish my fourth graders got to make stuff as fun as that one!
aww the girls are so cute. can't wait to see all of you again with the new addition. my guess is 9lb 8 oz.
As a former "rocket scientist" myself, I am very impressed with Jamie's work!
Jamie - Love that rocket! I figured you would be the first one in your family to get us into outer space!!
Mazie - Congratulations on your reading on your own. I can't wait until I visit again, because you MUST read Dick and Jane to me!!
UP,UP, and AWAY Jamie!...You are in the right direction!...Mazie...so proud of you reading soooooo well!...Glad you like the book!...BTW,Megan,"You've got a beautiful thing going on there"...I agree!...still predict 9lbs. 4oz!..Love to all!
That is one cool rocket ship there!
I would like to say that I wish we could just sometimes say the not-so-nice-things we think back to the not-so-nice-commenters regarding baby and pregnancy bodies. if only we didnt' haev manners- hmph.
Hang in there, Megan- you're almost there!
How about 9 pounds, 10 oz.?
Hey guys, we think Jacob is going to be 9lbs 2oz and 21in.
Hi! A sister of a friend here, Katherine, Susie Solos sister. Love reading what everyone is doing around the country. Im at www.goringirls.blogspot.com.
My vote? 8lbs, 10 oz, and 21 3/4 inches long.
Beautiful family, can't wait to see your newest addition, and you look great!
Post a Comment