Sunday, December 03, 2006

Birthday Party

Last night Jeremiah had a birthday party for me. It was so nice. Jeremiah made chili and there were a bunch of munchies. He made chocolate peanut butter brownies and bought this delicious cake! Somehow they smuggled it into the house while I was playing with the kids.

Everyone sang Happy Birthday. I swear I even heard Kelsea singing along. Here is what the kids were doing while the grown ups were socializing...

Here are some photos of the rest of us and presents!

The real highlight of the evening was a visit from Santa. Every year in the local fire and police companies volunteer and drive up and down the streets spreading Christmas cheer. What better way to celebrate a birthday than with Santa!

The kids were singing Jingle Bells and yelling for Santa to come...

The kids got to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what they wanted. Jamie was so brave until it was her turn to get on the sleigh. Then she needed some help and still cried.

As you can see, Santa was a treat for the adults too. It was really nice having everyone there. I am told that Katie and Wallis are coming over this afternoon with Kelsea to watch the girls for another birthday treat. I do not know what we are doing yet. All I do know is that we are going somewhere and then going for supper. Getting all these birthday treats makes me think I should turn 30 more often!

3 comments:

A.K. said...

happy birthday!!! have fun tonight! can't wait to hear about it on the blog tomorrow! enjoy!

J.J. said...

can't wait to hear how the rest of the festivities go! wish we could have been there to celebrate...we haven't missed a bday in years! love you much my friend.

erin said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Wish we were there to celebrate with you...