I am not sure how it happened. I don't know where the time went. But Jamie actually managed to sneak into school.
Ok, that's not really how it happened but it does feel that way. My little girl is no longer a little girl. She is a big girl going to school. Today is her first day. As I sit here typing, I think of all the things I could be doing but feel I am missing something. This is my first time without a child since Mazie was born. I have four hours today to do whatever I want to do. This will be for two days each week until Peanut arrives. I have to say that I am a little lonely. Is that sad?Jamie, however, was so excited about today. She slept well last night, was happy when she woke this morning, and said, "I'm going to school today, yay!" in the car on the way to school. So I put on a brave face and we all went to school. Mazie and I walked Jamie to the Little Side and Mazie showed her around. I said that it was time for us to go and she said, "Bye". As simple as that.
At least I got a "bye". Mazie didn't even say anything to me when it was her first day.



7 comments:
Yeah, Jamie!You made it!!!....
Mazie, you are such a COOL BIG SISTER!...
Mommy...enjoy it...it will be college soon enough....THEN you may have a break down!!!!...just ask Jodi, she went through that 4 times!(just kidding)!...You will be fine! I am just so proud of you to have become the mother you have become!
wow. how does that happen. have a wonderful short break cause soon there will be a newborn there taking up all that empty space.
You are obviously raising well-adjusted children. If you can walk away on the first day of preschool with only a good-bye from Jamie then she must feel secure and loved. Congratulations! Erin's Mom
How cute are they. The girls are really growing up.
feeling for you girl...pamper yourself during those four hours!
can't wait to hear how the first day went!!! oh fun!
I just love seeing Mazie and Jamie together--it's so fun to watch them be sisters and think about how my sister and I must have been when we were that little. You have got some very special BIG girls on your hands!
Post a Comment