Jamie and I tested for our next belts today. Since Mazie has her red senior belt, she tests every other test to make sure she gets the curriculum down perfectly. So here we go. I was first. I received the honor of being student of the month of October and was presented with a certificate and $25 dojang bucks (to use in the school for supplies or test fees).

Onto the poomse...

and sparring...

and then my board break. I had to use a front snap kick to break my board. I broke it on the first try...

Getting my new GREEN belt from the grand master...
Our fans (Jacob was home with the sitter and having a blast)...
Then it was onto Jamie's turn. She had 36 character stripes and was the top female so she got her medal and trophy. For the record, since Jamie and Mazie are now in the black belt club (BBC) high class together, they would have had to compete for the trophy. Jamie would have won since she had 36 and Mazie had 35. Mazie still gets a medal even though she didn't test...
Then onto her poomse...

and kyroogi formulas...

and sparring...

Jamie had to use the knife hand to break her board. After three tries and refocusing, she broke it with the side of her little hand...

Then she received her new BROWN belt and certificate from the grand master...

I will update the slideshow on the sidebar when I get through the rest of the photos. Thanks for supporting us. Our next test is in December!
4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!I am so proud of all "the Stahr ladies"...what an honor,Megan!....love how you are able to capture all the details with a flash of your camera! Thanks for sharing!
Way to go, ladies! You look so awesome out there and I wouldn't want to run into either of you (or Mazie!) in a dark alley. :-)
Super job, Stahr girls! Congratulations, Jamie, on earning the trophy for character stripes - that simply shows everyone just what a wonderful girl you really are! So proud of all of you.
congratulations ladies!!! looking good.
Post a Comment