2. The parent/teacher conferences went very well. Mazie is right where she should be for a third grader. Her teacher says that despite the fact that she is the baby in the class, she is still one of her top readers. Jamie's teacher is super pleased to have her in class. She and one other student are the only readers and the teacher just loves the phonics part of teaching. According to Jamie's reading assessment results, she is reading at a first grade mid year level for comprehension. Cool!
3. Amy brought up something interesting when she commented on my last post about not knowing what Es and Ss were on the girls' report cards. It never crossed my mind that some of you wouldn't understand what I meant. E is for excellent and S is for satisfactory. There is also P for proficient and PP for parially proficient. The funny thing is is that I was thinking about my old elementary school report cards. They were yellow cardstock with written (not computerized) letters. When I was in school we had O for outstanding, S for satisfactory, or P for poor. I guess Poor was too harsh that they had to make it proficient now. I also remember getting to high school and then we had computerized print outs of all our grades ABCDF and numbers 1234 for attitude. I'm interested in knowing what it was like for you when you were getting grades...
4. Today Jeremiah turned in his packet to apply for a PhD program through AFIT. We will know more by the beginning of December. Funny thing: Jeremiah thought he was finished with school when he finished his masters degree at the NPS when we were in California. So more on that later...
5. Jacob has been saying, "Yeah Baby" a lot lately. If we ask him a question, he answers in a silly voice. I'm not really sure where he even got that but it is pretty funny.
Happy Weekend!
3 comments:
happy weekend!
My grading experience was exactly like yours. Seriously snow. We thought it was freezing here because it was 64 when we got in our car to drive Friday morning. One of Johnnie's favorite greetings to his school teachers is calling them Babe. He must listen to his daddy call me & his teachers love it.
What exciting news about Jeremiah! Keep us posted!
And I do remember yellow cardstock report cards from elementary school. I just don't remember what our scores/grades were. Thanks for explaining the girls!
Post a Comment