Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ten On Tuesday

1. Last week was our last week of Fall break. So the kids all played dress up one afternoon. Jacob came up wearing the doctor stuff...
2. "Hey, what happened to my hand?"
3. We also got in some good old fashioned tickle time...
4. Love this one...
5. I got in on the fun, too.
6. All three were running circles around me, wondering when I was grab them and tickle. Jamie was tempting me here...
7. Jacob was so excited Sunday night knowing the girls were going back to school on Monday and he was going to have me all to himself. Actually I think it was just that he was happy about having quiet but I can be hopeful, right? Anyway, Monday morning we woke to a 2 hour delay which meant Jamie was not having school. We weren't even sure what the delay was for.
8. Jacob was happy this morning to hear that there was no delay and that both of the girls were going to school. He was very excited to go to the kids club at the gym and play with the other kids and not have his bossy sisters around.
9. Last week I had to get some new clothes for the girls. I had to shop for both Mazie AND Jamie in the big girls section. No more little girl stuff around here. *sigh*
10. Jeremiah got word last week that he made the list to go to ACSC. For those non-military peeps, I have no idea what those letters stand for. I just know it's school for a year or so. Since he opted to go to UCCS instead of Montgomery, AL (like he did for SOS-that's the one I knew and was only 5 weeks), he has to take the slot. So he pulled his application for the PhD program which means there will be no doctor in the house (unless you are dressing up like the boy did) and is excited about going to UCCS for a year to get his Master of Art in Counseling and Human Services degree. He then goes to the Air Force Academy to be an AOC for two years. This all means that we stay put for 3 years (starting June 2010)! Jeremiah was not a select for this school. According to him, he only had a 5% chance of getting picked this year. I guess he has some good people behind him!
Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

A.K. said...

yay for getting to stay put for 3 more years!!!

Sara said...

Sounds like an exciting week in the Stahr house.

Amy said...

Exciting news! ACSC = Air Command and Staff College. Congrats to Jeremiah on his selection. . . he'll have fun being a student again!

Megan's Mom said...

Congrats,Jeremiah! Wow, sounds exciting!

Gramma B said...

Jacob...I think you could be a very interesting doctor!