Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am really enjoying taekwondo. I had to do a running jumping front snap kick today. I actually hit the target a few times. This means that I actually made it off of the floor! Yay me.

2. Out of the blue at supper tonight, Mazie said that she really can see that I've lost weight and I really look good. No prompting, she just said it. It took me back a little.

3. Mazie had to put on my bra tonight while she was getting ready for bath. And then she had to go show her dad. I flashed forward (I hope it was a lot of years) and saw her showing her dad her brand new training bra with a little flower in the middle.

4. Mazie trying it on made Jamie have to try it on. If it was a little too big for Mazie, you can imagine what it looked like on Jamie. Again she had to show dad. I didn't really think about her showing him in a lot of years. I heard her saying, "Come on dad, let's go get my new bra...and my mitt!"

5. I am going to be making Jacob's stars tomorrow. For anyone who doesn't know, I make little star shaped cakes for the kids' birthdays that equal a large cupcake. They get to have the whole thing all to themselves. It's just something I've done ever since Mazie turned one. I am making one for him to have on Thursday and then one for him to have at his party on Saturday.

6. I am making a cool train cake for his party. I hope it turns out ok. I think he will really like it.

7. Speaking of Jacob's birthday, I'm at a loss to him turning two. I am not sure where February went let alone the fact that it is the end of March. I think there needs to be a leap month (not just a day). I say we just add it in the middle of February and March. Who's with me?

8. Jeremiah found out that he has an assignment in the works for him to transfer to Schriever AFB this summer. That adds 4 more years of us staying here.

9. I went through the girls' summer clothes yesterday. It was like shopping for Jamie. She made out like a bandit, getting everything that Mazie can't wear anymore. It all fits her too. Mazie, however, is getting almost an entire new wardrobe. I am waiting to see if Jacob potty trains before deciding if he needs clothes. He won't need new shorts with just underpants but will if he is still in diapers.

10. The kids are on Spring Break. Two weeks of no school and all the kids, all the time. I think we are supposed to get some significant snow fall (8-12 inches) by the end of the week too. We may actually get to play in the white stuff.

Happy Tuesday.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Jacob's turning TWO??? Wow. That has flown by from this end of cyberspace!!! Love the bra fashion shows... so funny.

Shelley said...

NO SNOW PLEASE!!!!

I bet Jaime had a blast 'shopping' the stash of clothes!

Hope to see you next week!

Amy said...

We just got some snow and we're supposed to get more. It seems as though things roll on down the road to Colorado after passing through here! Hopefully you have some fun spring break stuff planned and won't go crazy with everyone around.

I hope Jacob and you have a wonderful day tomorrow, just celebrating your special little man!

Cathy Bolander said...

Very cool about your jump. And I can't wait to see the cakes.

J.J. said...

wish we could join you in the spring break! happy early birthday tomorrow!! i can't believe this time next year i'll have a two year old. it's kind of amazing, so i know how you're feeling. oh and i'm sure my bras wouldn't be that big on alla after all this nursing, it would probably be funnier to ron that it almost fits, that that she has it on at all!

Jeremiah said...

Can we please focus on Jacob turning two and Megan actually jumping off the ground!!?? (BTW: I heard the WNBA was looking at recruiting her until they learned of her negative vertical jump! Sorry babe.... Love you sweetie!!!!) No more discussion of bras in relation to my daughters - please - I'm still trying to figure out how to do a 1-year remote assignment to cover Mazie and Jamie from 13 - 17 while only being gone for 1 year......