Today is a special day for a number of reasons.
1. Today is Fisher's birthday. He is a whopping 1 year old today. I hate that we have to miss it. We were with his big sister when she turned one. I am sure she is making today very special for him. Happy Birthday, Little Man!
2. Today is also my oldest nephew's birthday. Jonathon is 25 years old. You have no idea how old that makes me feel (I can't imagine how my sister feels). He used to call me "may may" and now he plays with my kids like I used to play with him. Happy Birthday!
3. Today is the last official day of winter. I don't think I need to say anymore about that.
I think those are good reasons for today being special. Don't you?
On another note, Jacob is quite a daredevil. He has decided he can "mow" the carpet with his head. Check out his carpet burn.

The bad thing is that he tried to "mow" the carpet again last night. It apparently doesn't hurt. I guess that's what happens when you have a layer of squishy fat for your forehead.
And I caught Jamie and Jacob snuggling while watching Dora yesterday. Turkeys, I tell you!

The story behind the taekwondo thing...Last Thursday I took Jamie to the noon class. She gets a little more instruction during this class as opposed to the evening classes plus she isn't as tired. Anyway, I was sitting along the side doing some of the blocks so I could get them right for when we practice at home. At the end of class, the master said, "If Mrs. Stahr is going to do blocks, she should have a do bok (a uniform). The class cheered and I just smiled and we went home.
When I took Mazie back to the center for her class after school (I know it's a lot of running but it limits running to two days instead of four), one of the instructors handed me a uniform and told me that I can take it for free and do the basic course for free whenever I wanted to start. That meant that I would get 6 months for free if I wanted to try it out. So we came home after class and I told Jeremiah what happened. We both kind of laughed.
Friday I made a pros/cons list (I know, I'm anal). Anyway, I realized that I really had nothing to lose. I was already at the center because of the girls. Free classes for up to six months which meant that I would be guaranteed getting my orange belt. Worse case, it wouldn't work for me to get to classes because of Jacob (no one being able to watch him) which meant that I would just have to postpone me joining until he was a little older. Or if I really didn't enjoy myself and then I didn't put any money down so nothing lost there.
I tried on the uniform. Jacob told me I was "cute". Jamie said that I looked good. Mazie said, "Well, you have to do it now. It fits." I started to feel like a conspiracy was brewing between the instructor and the kids. So I tried the noon class on Tuesday with Jamie. I was surprised at how much I knew. I guess watching the girls (and practicing with them a little) really helped. But I really had a great time. It was fun and I was burning calories! That's always a plus. So I am going to give it a good try and see what happens. At the very least, I get to do a different form of exercising three days a week.
So there is the long (sorry it wasn't the short) of it. I am officially in the basic course with a shiny new white belt and white uniform.
Happy last day of winter!
7 comments:
Congratulations!...I knew it wouldn't take long before you were invited to join! Good luck!Keep in mind all that you gain(or lose)!
Happy last day of winter to you!!!! Wahooo!Spring here we come!
Jacob....you need to oil your mower before you mow the carpet!
:-)(it didn't change how cute you are!)
uh, photo please, mrs stahr! and thanks for the birthday wishes...and gift:) that was for BOTH kids, right? :) love you and miss you!
Wow! Are the girls going to make you colored cakes to celebrate your achievements too?
I second the picture!
OMG! That burn looks painful-I can't believe it didn't hurt!
That's awesome about tae kwando and it's free! Wallis thinks Jeremiah should join you! :-)
Very cool Megan. I can't wait to hear if you enjoy it more & want to see a pic too. Jacob you sure are one tough kid.
I love it. What an amazing role model you are to your girls and little boy.
Good for you! And I want to see a photo, too!
You have 3 tough ladies around your house ;-)
Post a Comment