Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. I saw someone riding a unicycle last week. Just on a path near the road all by himself. He seemed to be doing very well. It was kind of random.

2. I saw an advertisement in a magazine for organic cigarettes. Really? They are trying to make smoking healthier? Kind of an oxymoron, right?
3. Jamie and I were driving toward Pikes Peak today and the snow was blowing around the top of it. She said, "Hey, it looks like there are cotton balls on the mountain. It looks cool."

4. The kitchen is complete. It looks great. What do you think? The rest will be finished tomorrow!
5. Jamie is officially a non-napper. That's right, my best sleeper has decided at the ripe old age of "almost 5" that she doesn't need to take a nap anymore. I had a feeling it was going to go out the window when she stopped sucking her thumb. Now we get to have some mom/daughter afternoons, just the two of us. It's nice.
6. Mazie lost another tooth on Sunday. So she has a nice sized whole where her two top front teeth used to be. It's funny watching her talk because she moves her lips differently.
7. It's been tough trying to keep Jacob out of the floor guy's way. He doesn't like that he can't go into the dining/kitchen area. We've been reading and coloring and playing the ipod, a lot.
8. Today is my youngest nephew's birthday. He is 19 and loving his first year of college. Happy Birthday, Joey!

9. Is anyone else having trouble adjusting to the time change? I'm not complaining that the kids are sleeping in so long but it is hard to get them awake for school. I have to say that I've been having trouble getting out of bed myself.

10. Did you see Jacob's slideshow on the sidebar? I put it there to torture myself until his birthday on the 26th. No, really, I put it there to show how much he has changed in his first two years. His eyes have not changed at all. Neither has his mischievous smile.

8 comments:

Katie said...

The floor looks great! And I love your new smile Mazie!

Cathy Bolander said...

Very cute smile Mazie. And really how can Jamie be almost 5 already?

Megan's Mom said...

Love this "ten"....also love your new smile,Mazie...can't wait to see the new teeth when they come in...all good things take time,Mazie!
Floor looks great!
Love how Jacob is so intense with the ipod!:-)

Gramma B said...

Jamie...almost forgot to tell you how proud I am of you on choosing to not nap any more!Just think of the fun you will have!

Susie said...

Your floor looks so good- how nice to have that to walk on! And admire.

J.J. Killins said...

Mazie that's one gorgeous smile! Jamie, you had a good run, there, sister, and your mama will forever be grateful. The floor looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on loosing another tooth Mazie!!! Hope the tooth fairy treats you well.

Sara said...

The floor is beautiful. I am mourning the 2nd birthday too.