Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday Things

I had a few things I wanted to add about our vacation that didn't make it in the previous posts. So here we go...

1. We spent one of our travel days in Atlanta. When we booked the trip, we were to have an 8 hour layover there. No big deal. Better that than rushing to barely make the connection (which I do not recommend with three children in tow!). Jacob was able to nap. Boy was mama's back sore after this 1 1/2 hour nap in the sling!

After he woke up, he joined his sisters playing at a little play area...

2. We didn't end up leaving Atlanta until 2 hours after we were supposed to because of "maintainance". Don't you just love their vague excuses?

3. We were on way home to Colorado Springs and ended up with an empty seat be side us. Jacob took the liberty to fill the seat...

4. We did the entire trip with cloth diapers. No disposables. Even on our travel days we used cloth. The only thing we used that was disposable was a travel pack of wipes and only on the travel days. I was pretty happy with how everything turned out. It was better than I was expecting and not as much bulk (with the dirty diapers) as I was anticipating.

5. My little monkey this morning. We signed that he wanted a banana! So I started cutting up pieces for him when he reached for the half that wasn't cut. I handed it to him and this is what he did...

I guess he doesn't need the small pieces anymore.

7. This leads me to all the little milestones that we've gone through. Sitting, crawling, walking, eating with a fork, etc. I have to say that each milestone we come to leaves me a little sad. You know, Oh my baby is growing up and there aren't going to be any more. But also excited because he is growing up and there aren't going to be any more! Make sense? I also have to say that the one milestone that I am not going to feel this way about is potty training!

8. Speaking of potty training, Jacob decided that he wanted to try the potty out while we were in Pennsylvania. I am not kidding. We found him in the bathroom at my dad's house. Jeremiah walked in and asked (jokingly, of course) if he wanted to go to the potty. Jacob actually shook his head yes. So Jeremiah took off his diaper and held him on the potty and he grunted like he was trying to go! Jeremiah also saw that his diaper had been just wet. Like he was standing at the potty and peed in his diaper while they were getting ready to get on the potty. Is 14 months too early? He did this twice at my dad's house. He hasn't done this since.

9. This makes me very proud of the girls. He sees them using the potty all the time. So he is catching on by watching them! Maybe he will be our easiest to train.

10. More on this tomorrow but everyone around here is sporting green today. In support of Mazie's tae kwon do test tonight. She is testing for her green belt and is super excited (like practicing all day-excited).

4 comments:

Susie PSU said...

He's so darn CUTE sitting on that plane!!

Sara said...

May you be so lucky to have him potty trained easily. So glad that your travel went smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures-glad to hear the traveling went as well as it did. I have my green on, too - good luck, Mazie!

Amy said...

The other day, Hayden crawled into the bathroom while I was going. He said "poop" and then proceeded to fill up his diaper. Hopefully you're right about Jacob being easy! And I must say that I'm super impressed with you using cloth diapers on the road.