Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thinking on Thursday

I have some things running in my head and so here is a post about it all. I need to clear it somehow. At least there are pictures on here, right? It think it will be a little link happy too.

When we were visiting the Killins, Ron showed Jeremiah this cool contraption for digging out dandelion weeds. It's called the Weed Hound. Last weekend we went in search for a Weed Hound since our yard looks like the dandelion fairies decided to take over and infest the yard. I pulled this out yesterday...

I have to say that using "the digger", as it is affectionately known as around here, is quite a stress reliever!

These two are so funny lately. Mazie got a Junie B. Jones book to read. She and Jamie were flipping through it and making up stories to go with the pictures. Funny stories. In this book, Junie has a friend named Lucy. When Jamie would ask where Lucy was, Mazie made a silly noise and they would both laugh hysterically. The book does not even have to be around anymore for this laughing to start up at any moment!

I have been a dessert-making-fool this week. I'm not sure why I have had the urge to make desserts since I can't enjoy them. But my baking needs have been needing to be itched and so I went to it. I made some lemon cookies and strawberry cookies. They smelled really good and the kids loved them. I was thinking about the last time I made these lemon cookies. I remembered one night in Ohio. The Cobbs came over for supper and then we all went to pick out a movie and watch it at their house. I was pretty pregnant with Mazie and Erin and I decided we needed something sweet to eat. We made these cookies and ate them while watching the movie (can't remember what movie anymore). Funny how you remember things like that when you are baking.

I've also made these brownies. However, mine do not look like those. You may want to keep in mind that marshmallows are pretty flammable when that close to the broiler. I just like to think of mine as toasty. They went over well with Jeremiah at least! Who doesn't like burnt marshmallows, any campers out there? I also have this in the freezer for dessert tomorrow night. Mazie can't wait to eat it. She helped me put it together today.

Jeremiah is running a 5K at the academy on Saturday. His first official one. I think we have something going around here with this running thing!

When I finally got around to reading all my email (sorting through the junk that ends up spilling into the inbox, I should say), I read a dear john letter from Hello.com. Basically they weren't doing it anymore. No more chatting on Hello? They were just going to drop it, just like that? Well, I found a free one with google. Google Talk. Same kind of thing as hello.com but with google instead. Again it is free. My login is megstahr if you are interested in chatting.

Somehow, I have lost a month or two. Jacob is 15 months old today. Mazie brought it to my attention that he was going to be 15 months soon. I just didn't realize today was June 26! So here he is, after a nap, doing what he does best, having a "nack"...

He can go up and down the steps now. He can throw a fit that beats his sisters' sometimes. He gives the best hugs and kisses! He says, "toes" and "shoes" and they sound very similar. Speaking of his toes...

I could just eat them up. Jacob has been doing this funny, sweet thing while he is playing. He will be playing with his sisters or a toy and then comes to find me to give me a hug and check on me. It's as if he needs to know that I'm around. I don't mind the hug (or the checking up on), either. Happy 15 months, Little Man.

4 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

Happy 15 months big guy. I love his toes. And sister love is the best. I had two sisters growing up so those are some lucky girls. I think of Jacob every month on the 26th because it's also Johnnie's birthdate as well.

Anonymous said...

Happy 15 Months, Jacob. Love to see those two girls together - no greater love than that! Thanks for sharing the recipes - you have four nephews in PA that I think will enjoy the goodies! Love to all!

J.J. said...

i was eyeing that dessert in the kraft magazine! let us know how it turns out! i think i added you on google talk...did i?

erin said...

Aw, thanks for thinking of us! For some reason food really jogs my memories about people too. Just another reason I love food!

Good for you guys and your running. We're cheering you on from down south!

J.J. and I are checking out qnext for chatting and sending pics. I think it might be able to connect with all other chat services too. I'll look into it!