The kids had no problem making themselves at home at my dad's house. Thanks, Pop Pop, for letting us take over the house for a week. It was so hot and humid the entire time we were there. Like 90s and at least 80% humidity. Crazy when you aren't used to that sort of thing anymore. So we had fun in the pool...
and at the park...
but mostly we stayed inside where the AC was working quite well! We had a cookout where the entire family was able to join us. This is my newest nephew, Aiden. I think it is ok if he calls me Great Auntie M (as in the BEST Auntie ever)! I can tell you that I was definitely able to get my baby fill on this vacation...
Gramma and the kids...
These two enjoying each other...
and these two...
The funny thing about that last picture is that Jacob was just trying to get Pop Pop to move so he could squeeze between him and the chair. I thought it was cute that they had the same expression on their faces.
Here is a 5 generation photo. My grandmother is holding her great-great-grandson, my dad is behind her, my sister (who is gramma) is beside him, and my nephew, Matt is sitting beside my gram.
Jacob had no problem warming up to his Uncle Josh. They were quite the buddies! There are times when my little boy favors my little brother. I wonder if he will call him Unca Duh just like Jamie used to. Kind of fits, if you know my bro (I love you Josh)!
Here are all the grandkiddos.
We really didn't plan our trip this way to be in Pennsylvania for this but I am so glad it worked out the way it did. My youngest nephew, Joseph, graduated from high school and his ceremony happened to be while we were there. Here I caught him waving to his mama in the stands...
who wasn't a bit proud of her baby, as you can see! I really can't imagine this for my children. I was in tears during most of the ceremony and he's not my child. Man, I'm going to be a complete wreck when mine do this.
Now onto the Stahr side of Pennsylvania...
Playing with Pappy John was quite fun. All he had to do was lay on the floor and someone was laughing at him. Pretty easy stuff, if you ask me...
Doing the Hokey Pokey with Amy and Ben...
The boys didn't really join in, however. Well, until Jeremiah started to sing AC/DC and then Jacob started to get down...
Mazie showing off her Taekwondo moves for everyone. I hope she does this for her test on Thursday...
And Jacob apparently had a lot to chat about. First with Stahr Mam...
and then catching up with Ben...
We also went to Jeremiah's grandparents' house to check out things before they had their sale in July. I am pretty sure there is a picture of Jeremiah in this when he was this age...And does anyone recognize this big blue beast from our wedding?
For those of you who don't know, we used this big chrysler for our get away car at our wedding (almost 9 years ago). I think the entire wedding party could have fit into it. It's crazy to see my son sitting on it now.
And we had to stop and say Happy Mothers/Fathers Day to Jeremiah's grandparents.
So that was our part of the vacation in Pennsylvania. It was nice to see everyone. Next stop, Oklahoma!
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! It is pretty neat to be able to spend some time with so many family members. And I loved seeing all the kiddos together in Minnesota!
Thanks for sharing all those great photos. It was a real joy spending the week with everyone. Hard to believe how quiet it is here now!! I am glad eveyone had a great time and I already miss all of you. Thanks for a great time!
what great photos! Mazie looks so grown up in that black and white photo in the plane!
wow you are awesome with the photo post! i'm so impressed!
Great pictures! Where in PA did you come visit? Just think, I could have had another "Megan sighting" and not even known it!
:-)
Post a Comment