Saturday, May 15, 2010

Taekwondo

This morning was our belt promotion test. Jamie and I were testing (as Mazie needed a bit more time for her curriculum-she will test in July!). First the kids with 15 or more character stripes got medals...
Then Jamie had the highest number of stripes of the girls with 42 stripes!
Next it was onto the actual testing. Jamie was in the first group of students to test. She was awesome doing her Tae Guek O Jang (poomse #5)... Then onto her kyroogi formulas...
She did her sparring without any hesitation. I'm telling you what, she was pretty scary showing how she could knee someone in the head...
Jeremiah was unable to get close enough to snap a picture of Jamie breaking her board. The technique was jumping front snap kick and she broke her board on the first try!
I happened to go in the next group of students. First the poomse (same as Jamie's since we worked on the same curriculum)...
then kyroogi formulas...then sparring...
Since I was at the back of the room, Jeremiah was able to catch me breaking my board. I am off the ground here. Unbelievable, I know!
When all the testing was done, we took off our old belts and received our new ones. Jamie promoted from brown senior to red...
I promoted from blue to brown. This is what our littlest fan thought of all the testing...
It was a great test. All of us are already looking forward to the next one! You can see the rest of the testing pictures in the slide show on the sidebar. Thanks for all the encouragement!

5 comments:

J.J. said...

is he SLEEPING there?!?! ha! you guys are awesome:)

Megan said...

Yep, he fell asleep on Jeremiah during all the yelling. Jeremiah put him on the floor so he could take pictures. Jacob didn't stay asleep for long but it was pretty funny!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS Megan and Jamie!!!

Megan's Mom said...

Great pictures, Jeremiah!
....Congratulations Megan and Jamie...looks like lots of hard work...I know in July Mazie will be just as awesome!

Cathy Bolander said...

That's so cute that he fell asleep. And you girls
are awesome.