1. I made this makeshift ramp out of a delivery box last week. So Jacob went to town with all his Lightning McQueen cars...
2. Jamie is loving her newly pierced ears. She will walk by a mirror or window and just has to stop to check them out. Not very Jamie-like which makes it funny.
3. Mazie will not be testing on Saturday for her next belt in taekwondo. She is super disappointed. Our master told her that it was actually a good thing. She will be able to have the curriculum in her head (backwards and forwards) without thinking about it for the July test. He is confident that this will make it stick so she won't have to work on it so hard for her actual black belt test. The funny part is that I said the same thing and it didn't go over very well. You know, Mom doesn't know anything since I am a lower belt and all!
4. Speaking of taekwondo, Jamie and I will be testing on Saturday and we are so excited. Jamie will be getting her red belt and I will be getting my brown belt.
5. Last week, both of the girls had reading assessments. This means there was no school of Thursday and Friday. They both had their assessments on Thursday and did well. So we had a long weekend.
6. Friday we spent the day at Jeremiah's office. They had a going away party for a few of the people leaving over the next few weeks. Jeremiah is one of them since he is starting at UCCS in June. He will go to school for one year and then work at the AF academy for two years as an AOC.
6. Friday we spent the day at Jeremiah's office. They had a going away party for a few of the people leaving over the next few weeks. Jeremiah is one of them since he is starting at UCCS in June. He will go to school for one year and then work at the AF academy for two years as an AOC.
7. Sunday was a gorgeous day. It was sunny, no clouds, 76, and just lovely. The perfect Mother's Day. I got so many handmade gifts from the kids, including a freshly planted marigold.
8. Some randomness here...I think marigolds smell like cat pee. I think they are pretty flowers but they stink. And, if it weren't for the fact that Jamie was super proud of how she decorated the marigold's cup, it would be outside with the other planted flowers!
9. More randomness, today it was 47 for the high! We are supposed to have rain/snow mix tomorrow. It is the middle of May, right?
10. Because of all the freaky cold weather, the tomato plant has not thrived. No tomatoes for us this year. The topsy turvy will be given another shot next year.
11. Since Jeremiah is leaving his job soon, his work load is lessening. Not that he has a tough schedule like when we lived in California (that was an insane job-but we miss the people!), but he is able to get home even earlier some days now that he is handing it to the person taking over. He has off on Friday!
12. Last one, I promise! The kids are so excited for Friday...Pop Pop is coming to town. Good thing too. I think Jacob is getting tired of waking up and asking if it is Friday and hearing the word "no"!
1 comment:
Very intuitive, Jacob! Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few hours! Love to all!
Post a Comment