Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pop Pop's Visit

Pop Pop was in town for almost two weeks. We went to Cripple Creek and the Children's Museum in Denver. Jamie's kindergarten graduation and music program and field day also happened last week. Two special highlights from Pop Pop's visit are in today's post, however.

Movie night: It was a treat for last weekend after our taekwondo test. Since I didn't make a special treat, we had a special night instead. We watched Fantastic Mr. Fox (highly recommend it) and made popcorn. See Jacob's two thumbs up?
Seriously, the popcorn making is the best activity to guarantee smiles from these three!
There was also some crazy dancing! Jacob has been running around saying he is a farmer. He tucks his thumbs into his pants and does a little gallop while chanting, "I'm a farmer, I'm a farmer". It's really funny. For some reason, he only did it one time for Pop Pop. So in an effort to get him to dance, the girls suggested turning up the music and jammin'. The girls went at it. And, yes, I'm pretty sure Jacob is thinking, "Oh my! Are they really my sisters?"
Jacob decided it was just too loud but did enjoy some playing on the jungle gym that Pop Pop became while here...
After all, Pop Pop's lap is the best seat in the house, right? More to come of our many adventures.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Good times, good times! That popcorn maker looks super chic, too.

Unknown said...

What fun! Cool popcorn popper!

J.J. Killins said...

oh how those kids love their pop pop!

Cathy Bolander said...

It looks like they had so much with their pop pop!

Sara said...

I love the reckless abandonment of their dancing.

Gramma B said...

Love the popper and the happy faces watching it!...Glad you have so much fun!