We've made it to Colorado! We had a great trip. Thanks to my dad for helping us out. We wouldn't have made it without him. There was only one time when Mazie got sick and that was when we reached the mountains. Honestly, I started to get a little sick myself. It was ok and we pressed on to make it here last Friday just in time to make it to Mazie's school's open house. She thought it was great to meet her teacher and show Pop Pop her new classroom.
We spent the rest of the weekend unpacking the things we brought from California. This is what the kids were doing while we were unpacking boxes...
Monday, I had to take Mazie to school for an hour orientation. Basically it was to meet her teacher and to get her expectations of us and vice versa. Mazie officially started school on Tuesday. Boy, I was not ready! I thought her going to preschool was hard. She was so excited and I was so proud but sad. She walked right up to the gate with her backpack on and was ready to go! She had a really great week. The afternoon kindergarten is just what Mazie needed.
Thursday, the movers came with the rest of our things. I really didn't know where to start. Since earlier in the week we made spaghetti and meatballs and Jamie commented that she was happy to have supper back, I decided to tackle the kitchen first. Poor Jamie, she is so sick of eating out! Can't really blame her.And here's proof that Jamie will sleep anywhere. She laid down on Jacob's little play mat and fell asleep while the movers were packing their stuff up.
We have about half of the house to go. The kids rooms, dining, and kitchen areas are complete. I think my goal to have the house ready for entertaining by Labor Day weekend is do-able! Anyone out there interested in joining us for a cookout that weekend?
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Mazie looks so cute on her first day of school. Wish we could come out for Labor Day. But we'll see you in October. Can't wait. Have fun unpacking!
yes i would love for a labor day cookout! i wish! gosh mazie looks super super beautiful with her hair like that! we are so proud of you mazie!
glad to see you're back online! we'd love to get together for the holiday and to see the new place!
I am so bad! I've been meaning to call you back--promise to tomorrow! Wow, I can't believe school started already for Mazie. She does look like quite a big girl!
Welcome to C.S.! I wish I was there to welcome you, but we won't be moving back for 2 years. How about a Labor Day picnic then??
Glad you had a sfe trip to Colorado!....Mazie, I can't believe you are going to Kindergarten ALREADY!....You look so grown up with those braids...good job on making it through your first week of school!...Love your bug,Jamie..can't wait to see your bedroom!...Have fun unpacking and decorating!
Post a Comment