Dining room and Kitchen...
the girls' room...
the hallway into our room...
and Jacob enjoying his little airplanes, cars, boats, and things in his crib...
As you can see we need to get pictures and things up on the walls but eveyrthing is in its place! I even had some time to make some chocolate banana bread, a recipe from JJ. My first attempt at baking something and it went well. So there you have it. Things must be in place if I am ready to start baking again.
This weekend we ventured out to the Ferrara's Happy Apple Farm. We walked along the trails to pick some really great Gala apples.
The girls thought it was pretty cool that they were actually able to pick the apples. This was a first for them. I think they really enjoyed themselves...
Jacob enjoyed himself as well...
.jpg)
We left with quite a few apples. The girls each had a small bag full...
I can wait to pick these in the middle of September...
But this one says it all...
When we got home, the girls ate one whole apple each. This isn't such a surprise coming from Mazie but Jamie is a different story. My pickiest eater (yes, more so than Jeremiah) actually ate a whole piece of fruit! I was impressed. I guess she has to work for her food to really enjoy it.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
10 comments:
looks like a great time- I'm trying to get Scott to go apple picking with me later this fall!
I really enjoyed the pictures...I was missing you this morning and thought "why not check the blog"...so here I am!...wish I was there...Glad to see you had success at your furniture shopping and getting it all in place....looks great!.. congratulations Jamie on eating your apple you picked!...Mazie, keep on teaching her what to eat!..:-)!
Glad you had a good time. The pumpkin patch is a lot of fun there too.
Kristen
Looks like fun! I can't wait to see what you make out of all those apples. I'm glad your first baking experience was a good one. I found I was always better off at the high altitude if I didn't change ANYTHING except for halving the baking powder. All the other changes seemed to make things wonky.
Oh, I like Happy Apple Farm. It is a lot of fun to go get pumpkins there, too! Do I get the feeling pumpkin bread is on the horizon?
Your house now really looks like a home with the addition of the furniture in the rooms. Great choices! Can't wait to see the "brown chocolate" living room! Looks like everyone had fun picking their fruit. It always did taste better when you had to pick it yourself. Great job!
Oh I love homes with cranberry red walls. One day, we will have one, too :)
The house looks great! Puts me to shame after living here since Jan! :) We'll be checking out the cute farm too. Looks like fun.
how on earth are there apples already! we have to wait at least another month...
LOVE the house...isn't it so nice to be able to spread out!
What fun! We'll have to check out the farm, too. The house looks great, can't wait to see it in person!
And I do the same thing as Erin (halve the baking powder) and my at-altitude baking success rate is about 90%!
Post a Comment