Sunday, August 26, 2007

Just to Catch Up

This is what happens when you have a pantry.

The kids can get in and help themselves to snacks. I guess I should be happy that they can help themselves. Or maybe I should put the snacks up on higher shelves but then I may have climbers. Jamie is actually digging through the trail mix for the M & M pieces. She doesn't want the healthy nuts or raisins, of course.

And this is a sad little girl. Mazie desperately wants to go outside to play. But all the bugs are outside. We can't play in harmony with bugs because they move and are scary. Maybe when we get the playset together she will change her mind. I am hoping that this will be true. It is a project for Thursday when Jeremiah is off of work.

Then there is Peanut. What a character he is becoming! He has now mastered reaching his toes to put into his mouth while seated in the Bumbo. He also loves to rub his gums on the side of the Bumbo. This is especially funny when, all of a sudden, we can hear the squeaking from his gums, spit, and seat all coming together!

After having friends over for dinner last night, the kids all piled on Dad to have some silliness before bath time.

By the way, Hayden got up on all fours last night. He didn't go anywhere but he sure looked like he was ready. Sorry no picture. I was way too slow!
Is Mazie the sweetest sister or what? She woke up this morning and knew that Jacob was 5 months old. She decided to make him a birthday card. How considerate! Check out that wonderful writing...

Here is my little man at 5 months. Sitting in our new chair like he owns it! What a ham.

He loves to chew on things. Anything, even people. He smiles at just about everything, especially if the girls are involved. He has a hearty laugh that makes me laugh. Jamie still calls him her big guy and Peanut. I think that name will stick forever. Mazie knows just what to do to make him smile. I love my kiddos.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for a great dinner! Hope to do it often :-) Those kiddos are just precious (and full of energy)!

Anonymous said...

I do believe you are right on the "Peanut" name...He is getting so handsome...he has eyes like Miah's Pap!..hope they stay that way....Jamie...you are a great M&M digger!...Mazie...I loved your card for Jacob...Good job!(hint hint..Gramma would love to get a card you made!)Miah...What a Dad..every one looks so happy!..Hugs and kisses!

J.J. said...

wow what a great writer you are mazie! that was so sweet of you to make that card!

Susie PSU said...

Wow, Mazie - GREAT job!! You sure do have some cute kids there.

A.K. said...

jamie and i would make a great team- i love the nuts and raisins!

Erin and Jake said...

It's good to know that there are other little girls out there who are not willing to reach out to our six legged friends.

Anonymous said...

Loved your card, Mazie! What a wonderful thought! Great to see the whole family settled in and so happy.