Saturday, June 23, 2007

Mazie's Graduation

Mazie had such a beautiful day for graduation. I took so many pictures. It took me this long to pick out just a few to show to you.

The ceremony started with the kids filing in and taking seats in front of the parents. The staff hired a magician to entertain for a bit. The kids (and the parents) really enjoyed themselves.

The kids filed back into the school to put on their graduation caps and march back out for the end of the ceremony. They sang a few songs for the parents. It was so great hearing all the kids sing. They worked very hard on those songs and did a great job. This is the part that I started to get teary.

Then it was time to get their diplomas. Here is Mazie waiting patiently for her named to be called...

Mazie and Miss Monica...

She's so proud and so are we. She has never looked bigger or older to me than she did on this day.

Mazie was unaware that we were going to be seeing an old friend. She thought Ron came into town for her. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was for a wedding. She was so happy that he came to visit.

After going to lunch and spending the rest of the day relaxing, Mazie is ready for "real" school. She starts school on August 7 in Colorado. I love that she enjoys school and gets excited about it. Mazie's teacher said that she was the only student that understood that graduation meant she was moving onto something bigger. That's my smart girl!

7 comments:

the larsons said...

Hi, I'm a friend of the Cobbs and read your blog occasionally, and I couldn't help but cry at this one! My little girl is only 2 but she kills me with how big she is getting. I know you are proud of your big girl. Congratulations.

Shelley said...

Sweet photos! Will you have to go through this all over again with a Kindergarten graduation?

Have a safe trip to Colorado!

J.J. said...

of course ron came for her graduation! just like we came for her birthday! :)

congratulations mazie, we are so proud of you. SO.

A.K. said...

congrats!!! great pictures!

Amy said...

Awww, she does look like such a big girl! Congratulations, Mazie! I love the cap. . . I have an almost identical one (mine is red) in my "kid box" at my parents house.

And nice to see Ron, too! Looking forward to your move. . . call us when you get here!

Susie said...

The magician at the graduaton cracks me up! Congrats, Mazie:)

Anonymous said...

Congrtulations Mazie! What a smart and pretty girl!...Great pictures...Glad Ron made it to LA for her graduation:-)!..love the picture of all of you,but where is the rest of your head,Miah?:-)