Friday, August 25, 2006

From Hula Girls to Dueling Banjos

All this week at school, Mazie has been learning about Hawaii and the culture there. The teachers ended the week with a little luau for the kids. The kids were supposed to dress in anything that looked Hawaiian. Mazie dressed in her little grass skirt and coconuts that we actually got her from Hawaii. She was so proud to wear it today. I have to say she looked as cute today as she did when she wore it at 20 months. It just fit a bit better today...

Of course, Jamie needed to try it on. We got these shots of her doing a hula dance last night. I think we watch way too much Lilo and Stitch! Regardless, she sure is a cute little hula dancer...

When Jeremiah came home from class today, the girls wanted to go for a hike. He had bought them post cards with Mt. Whitney on them when he hiked it which make the girls want to take hikes now! So with the wonderful imaginations that my little girls have, they put on their special hiking boots, strapped on their backpacks, and grabbed their trekking poles. Here we go...

Then Jeremiah didn't want to hear a song that was stuck in my head and threw a fit. He started jumping around, holding his ears, and yelling "I'm not listening"! Just like a baby! Great lesson for the girls! Anyway, of course, the girls quickly picked up on the fun little game and joined in...

After I snapped those few pictures, I explained that they should never do that for real to mommy or daddy and that it was just a funny game we were playing right now. Then we quickly distracted them with another fun game...dueling banjos. Jeremiah plays this once in a while and the girls just love it. The girls are the banjos and Jeremiah tickles them until they practically can't breathe because they are laughing so hard.

Tonight, however, Jamie and Mazie got to play the banjos on dad! They thought that was pretty cool.

So, I guess I could have titled this one TGIF. Aside from dressing up for a luau, this is a typical Friday. They are just plain silly days around here. A good way to start off the weekend, if I do say so myself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,My!..you guys could go "on the road"...so cute and looks like so much fun!...Keep up the the great imaginary stuff....great fun!

J.J. said...

sounds like fun you guys:) wish i could upload a pic here for you of the 20 month old mazie in her hula costume:)

A.K. said...

always so much fun around your house! i wanna come play!