Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Caterpiller Named Sammy

One day, Jeremiah was doing some yard work and found a caterpiller. Of course, "we" decided that he needs a home. So we make a little home for him in a glass jar with lots of grass and a couple of twigs. The girls even named him "Sammy". Any of you who know me know that I am not creature person! I am not sure how this happened that he is in my house but it did, nonetheless. Anyway, here are a couple of shots of us playing with Sammy in the yard. Jamie is ok until Sammy gets too close to her fingers. Then we get a "Geg Gick, Mommy"! Quite cute when you hear her say it.
Mazie is actually the surprising one. She is the one who let Sammy crawl all over her. This is the little girl who just weeks ago made me make a "bug spray" for us to use on our walks to school. Needless to say, we were all stunned!
I guess we can say, Like Father, Like Daughter here. Jeremiah thought it was cool to let Sammy crawl all over him.
I was not of the same mindset! However, I decided to give it a try to show the girls there really isn't anything to be afraid of. This as close as I get to the little creature. I guess I was more like Jamie.

4 comments:

erin said...

That is one serious big momma caterpillar! You are a brave, brave girl!

J.J. said...

I think Alla would like to come over and play with Sammy.

Anonymous said...

Erin told me you started a blog, too! It's great to "see" you guys again. Mazie and Jamie are getting so big. . . I can't believe it's been a year and a half since we saw you in California. Word is that you're coming to Colorado, though? Hope so! I'll enjoy adding a daily check of your blog to my to-do list!

Anonymous said...

That is even closer then I could imagine you getting to a "creature", Megan!...Sammy is really cute!....Can't wait to visit in July!!!!..Love to all of you and keep up the great BLOGGING!!!