1. I have one more cake decorating class next week. I've been working with fondant and gum paste. Last night I made a fondant cover for the base of a cake, a mum, and a daisy. Next week is my final cake project. Check on the business site to see pictures. I'm going to miss Monday nights at Michael's!
2. There is a competition coming up that I may enter. I have 1 1/2 hours to decorate a cake that is at least two tiers and has to do with an upcoming holiday (halloween, thanksgiving, etc). Prizes include decorating materials and wilton gift certificates. What do you think?
3. Today Jacob snuggled up beside me before nap to watch WordWorld together. He said, "Mommy, you are so comfy. Daddy isn't. Because you are squishy." Um, thanks, buddy!
4. I ran this morning in the drizzle and it was nice.
5. Mazie joined the Robotics team at school. She (and 9 other students) get to build a robot out of legos that moves and operates. We, I mean, She is so excited!
6. We took Flat Stanley to the zoo this weekend. I think he enjoyed himself.
7. Two weeks into the school year and I already received a phone call from Jamie's teacher setting up a meeting with us. Apparently she is bored. Jamie's teacher is working on a special curriculum for Jamie that will keep her busy and interested. Hopefully there will be no skipping grades with this one. I'm not sure I could handle it.
8. Jacob is loving preschool. In fact, he's been coming home with a new pair of shorts on the last few days of his school because he insists on going down the wet slide to dry it off. He's so helpful!
9. Jeremiah started back to school on Monday and I think he's been home more than when he was on his two week break! Just kidding, honey, I love you.
10. I have been toying with the idea of running a marathon by the time I turn 35. So that gives me a little more than one year from now to get ready. Any tips, pointers, training plans, suggested marathons are appreciated.
Happy Tuesday!
4 comments:
Lofty goals my friend but good ones. I think you should definitely enter the contest. I would love to see your entry. Squishy! HA! My boys say stuff like this all the time.
go for that contest! you will be wonderful! do it do it!
Cakes look great, as usual. Go for the contest - you've got the tools to make for a good showing! Hope the special plan for Jamie will create school excitement for her. Glad to see Jacob is so helpful! I'm sure Mazie will enjoy the Robotics experience.
You MUST do the contest- you have nothing to lose and everything to win!
Keep us updated on Jaime, I'm curious now! What smarty pants kiddos you have, yeaa!
Post a Comment