Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day: Part Two

Today was Jacob's very first day of preschool. And, yes, I had to take pictures. When I downloaded them I was shocked at how old he looked. He can't be old enough to be in preschool already, right?
And then I remembered his silly picture...
And there's my baby face!
To say he was ready to go this morning is a bit of an understatement. He couldn't get his hat and backpack on fast enough... And he had to lead the pack to school. Most of the way he ran...
He found his hook and hung his backpack and hat on it. He found his seat with his name on it and sat down ready to start his day. He had no problems leaving me in the dust!
When we picked him up, he was happy to see us. Not like I thought (read: hoped) he would but still happy. He had a note from his teacher stating he was very patient when waiting for his turn to ride the bikes during outside time and was very careful to not get other kids wet at the water table! He can't wait to do it all again on Thursday.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Wow--he does look so old (sorry!)! So glad he had an awesome first day!

Susie said...

He looks so incredibly happy and ready for preschool!

Cathy Bolander said...

It looks like he had a great day. Hope you made it through okay!

Gramma B said...

Way to go Jacb!...Glad you had a good 1st day..it only gets better after this!....Love you...your "Gramma Woman":-)!

PopPop said...

So glad Jacob's first day went so well. I know he was very ready and eager to start. I also believe that, just as the girls are, he too will have a great school experience. Love you!

J.J. said...

oh wow. what a big kid.

Katie said...

Yep he looks old and darling! Maybe bit's his height?