Sunday, May 03, 2009

Birthday Weekend

We had a fun-filled weekend of birthday festivities. On Thursday, Jamie had a few birthday wishes on skype. I love technology and how it doesn't let you miss things when you are far away... She decided that she wanted to have one of her decorated cookies that she took to school instead her birthday cake. So I put a candle in one and we sang "Happy Birthday" to her and she was happy. I love that she wanted to do that instead of cake. It is so very Jamie.
She was especially happy when the birthday fairy presented her with her brand new big girl bike (and it was purple!)...
On Friday, Dad took the day off of work. It was Jamie's turn for a date with dad.
They went to Macaroni Grill where her waitstaff gave her a piece of cake for free after singing "Happy Birthday" in Italian!

Saturday was the big party. So after taekwondo classes in the morning, I came home to decorate the big castle cake. I say "big" because it was huge. Four cakes tend to make a big one though.
Jamie wanted to wait until Saturday to open her presents. So after the cake was all finished, we did just that. She was so happy with everything.
Then we headed to Pump It Up for her party. All the kids (and the parents) had fun with all the inflatables...
This one is for you, Rachel!
Jacob had so much fun going down the big slide with Dad...
that he insisted going down with Mom too.
Then after some pizza and cake with the princess of the day...
It was time to go home. We had a full weekend and enjoyed every minute of it.

10 comments:

J.J. Killins said...

awwww jamie i'm so glad you had such a wonderful 5th birthday! enjoy! we love you!

Pop Pop said...

Jamie, it sounds like you had a wonderful 5th birthday with a great party and lots of super presents. Enjoy your moment and I will see you soon. Love you!

Aunt Carissa said...

Absolutely love the sunglasses!!! They are the perfect fit. Hope you enjoyed your 5th birthday. You have many more to come.

Gramma B said...

Wow,Jamie...looks like you had a real "pumped up" party!...Wish I could have been there!Glad you liked your gifts and love the picture of you and your dream date!!!Your Mom did a great job on your chocolate and purple castle cake!Love always!

Cathy Bolander said...

That looks like such a fun day Jamie & what a pretty bike.

Amy said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration for a wonderful BIG girl! That bike is awesome, too!

A.K. said...

what a cool cake!!! happy birthday Jamie!

Susie said...

That bike looks so big- how's she doing on it?? We've had a few mishaps with Ashleigh's new bike and the gutter... I'll leave it at that.


The cake looks amazing, Megan! You're a cake baking stud!

Megan's Mom said...

BTW...Love the "monkeys" backgraound!

Katie said...

Jamie I'm so happy you had a great 5th Birthday. I tried to post this last week, but my computer would not load your blog all the way! Ugh! I think after 6 years it might be time for me to get a new computer...or maybe it's time to get rid of Timewarner...