Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Ten On Tuesday

1. Thanks to everyone who sents cards and words of support. I really appreciated them all.

2. The funeral was beautiful. The day was sunny and the service was nice. Perfect to put someone you love to rest.

3. Jeremiah survived the few days that I was gone. So did the kids. It was nice to wake up Monday morning and see that the kids really did miss me. Jacob needed to know where I was all day. The girls kept showing me "new" things. The feeling was mutual!

4. As soon as I got through security at the airport, my dad called me to let me know that my brother was taking his wife to the hospital. Her water broke and the baby was finally on the way. That little girl waited until her due date to make the water break. She was making mama a bit uncomfortable. It is an understatement to say that my brother and sister-in-law were really ready to have her finally arrive.

5. Chloe Elizabeth was born on June 1 at 2:33am. She was 6lbs 13oz and 20inches long. I have a picture that my brother sent to my phone but I am waiting for emailed pictures to put on the blog. She is absolutely beautiful. The new mom and dad and baby are all doing great!

6. I got word that these friends have their tickets to stay at Hotel Stahr in September and I can not wait! It is another understatement to say that I am excited. Over the moon is a little bit closer!

7. My friend, Shelley, just received word that there is a beautiful baby girl who is waiting for them. For those of you who don't know, they have been working on adopting a little girl from South Korea. They got their referral call last week. We are so excited for them and can't wait to meet her.

8. We actually made it to the gym two days this week. It's been nice since I haven't been there for about a month with all the craziness going on around here. The kids have missed the kid club and I have missed my workouts. Maybe it is a sign things are going to be a little more normal around here.

9. I am hoping that June is a little slower for us this month. May went way too fast and it was a little hectic. I would like a little down time now that school is over and there are no big plans for June. That way I will be nice and relaxed for our big anniversary trip to Hawaii at the beginning of July!

10. Speaking of our trip to Hawaii, I need summer clothes, desperately. I literally have two things I can wear anymore. Mazie and I are going shopping soon. She is so excited. I am getting there. It's hasn't sunk in yet that I am going to be trying on things that I've never worn (or tried) before. I have a feeling that once I start trying on a few things, it will become fun. I have never been a clothes shopper for myself. Actually, I've always hated it. This time seems different.

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

A.K. said...

heck yes you are going to have fun shopping- because you are going to look so good in those clothes!

J.J. said...

over the moon here too:) wish we could shop together, i could use some new clothes myself!

Cathy Bolander said...

Those are good problems to have. Needing new clothes for your new fit body. Enjoy! I wish my husband had graduated with your husbands so I would have a reason to visit too. You guys will have so much fun. So jealous!

Unknown said...

She was actually born at 3:33 am and 6 lbs 13.9 oz. I can't wait for you to see the pictures of her. Dad is sending you some as well as Josh and I within the next couple days.

Katie said...

Congratulations Auntie! I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother, but I'm glad that the service was nice.

I am looking forward to seeing ALL you guys in September too!

Amy said...

So we get to see the Killins in September, too? Yippeee!!!!

And those are good baby stats--Hayden's exact length and weight! Congrats!

Samantha said...

Have a BLAST shopping, Megan.