Friday, June 19, 2009

Fun Activity

It was hot yesterday and the girls needed to do something outside so I could get some of my work done. While Jacob was napping, the girls put on bathing suits and headed outside. I used an idea from Jamie's preschool teachers for an activity that kept them busy (read: not paying attention to the moths and lady bugs that are swarming Colorado right now).

A few drops of food coloring + water in spray bottles + parchment paper (and tape because of the crazy gusts of wind here) = pure fun!
The point of doing this activity according to the preschool teachers is to work their motor skills. The girls know to adjust the spray on the bottles so it was more of a game. Who's colored spray dots are bigger, who's is darker, etc. It was fun to hear the girls get excited when a big drop would fall off the bottle or they would spray the same spot and the color would change.

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

Gramma B said...

Awesome fun you two are having there!...Good job!

Katie said...

Such a good idea! Can I send Lorelei and Kelsea over? :-)

A.K. said...

i'll have to try that next year with my pre-k students! great idea!

Susie said...

THis looks way fun- where do I get parchment paper? Michael's? TFS!