Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Twelve on Tuesday

I have been away from the blog world for a while. It's time to come back. Sorry for the lack of updating (and thanks to those who cared to ask if we were ok) but we've been a bit busy around here getting ready for a few things coming up this month. So this is a 12 on Tuesday to catch up!

1. We are getting ready for a big promotion next week. Also Thanksgiving is in there. That means that Pop Pop is coming on Friday and Stahr Mam is coming on Tuesday. WooHoo!

2. I had a meeting with Mazie's 1st and 2nd grade teachers and the principal. They all feel Mazie is ready to become a full time 2nd grade student. She will begin 2nd grade full time on December 1 instead of after Christmas break. We are all very excited for her around here.
3. Jacob decided to be awake last night from 1:23 to 4:56 (off and on). I didn't think that was funny during the night but it is now.

4. I took the kids to Cool Cuts 4 Kids to get their hair cuts this time. Jacob was so much better since we has able to sit in a cool firetruck and watch a movie while the lady trimmed his blonde curls. The girls enjoyed their movies too.

5. Jamie decorated a turkey for school. Since I'm a lame mama and didn't take a picture of it before it was turned in, I took a picture of all of the turkeys displayed in the hallway outside of the class room.

6. I am excited about my dad coming to visit because that means that Jeremiah and I are going on our (much needed) date. We are even going to a fondue restaurant. I know, totally not Jeremiah's thing but he's the one who planned the entire date!

7. Have I mentioned that I love that Jamie and Jacob nap at the same time, every day? I know they will probably both stop napping at the same time but for now, two hours of me time is just right!

8. Mazie has a school play on Friday. Pop Pop gets here just in time too. She also has a play coming up in her sign language class. She is so excited to show off her new signs.

9. I am completely finished with Christmas shopping. COMPLETELY! And anything that I have ordered online has already been delivered. All I have to do is wrap everything and send off what needs to go in the mail. That will be something for after Thanksgiving.

10. I finally have the Pay It Forward gifts ready to go into the mail. Now if only I can get to the post office...
11. Saturday while Jeremiah and Jacob when to the AF vs BYU game, I took the girls to their Master's Challenge for taekwondo. This was Mazie's second challenge. She needs to get 4 stars in order to be able to test for her black belt. She gets a star for each challenge. She got a silver metal after breaking all three of her boards...
12. This was Jamie's first Master's Challenge so she was a little nervous. She got a gold medal. The other two girls in her division didn't break any of their boards and Jamie broke two of her three. She was just a little proud...

Happy Tuesday-I will try to not be such a stranger to the blogospere over the next few weeks.

8 comments:

A.K. said...

can you please come do my christmas shopping for me?! well not even the shopping, just the ideas!

Susie said...

I was just wondering where you've been, Mrs. Stahr! Couldn't be three kids and a busy life calling you, could it??

Can't believe you're done with Christmas shopping- now that's efficiency!

J.J. said...

i'm so impressed. i'm done with KID-shopping if that counts. and no i don't mean my OWN kids! Ha! i'm just so happy you're back:)

Gramma B said...

I fell like I need to take a DEEP BREATH for you!....WOW!...Mazie!...2nd grade?...I am soooo very proud of you...keep up the good work....maybe your mother can do a little video of you "signing"!....AND...CONGRATULATIONS Mazie and Jamie!So impressed with both of you at teakwomdo!LOve your turkey Jamie!:-)
Happy you and Miah are getting out!

Shelley said...

Ah, finally back! I knew you were busy with all of your holiday/party preparations!

Way to go Mazie! Second grade is SO MUCH FUN!

Yea Jamie! Love that gold medal!

Katie said...

Glad to see you're back. And I'm jealous you are all done...I'm almost there

Cathy Bolander said...

Glad you're back. I'm almost done with shopping. So close but will use your doneness as my inspiration to finish.

Samantha said...

I hate you, just a little. First 'cause your kids nap for 2 hours, and second 'cause you have your shopping done. I haven't bought a.single.thing. Sigh.